Monday, October 19, 2009

Sweet JR

So on Friday I came home and low and behold there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the table. It was a mixture of colors and flowers. It was amazing. I looked at JR and asked him, "What are these for?" He looked at me and said, "It is October 16th Sarah."

I was floored. He remember that Friday was the 12th anniversary of my father's death. He said that he felt like I needed them, to let me know that he loves me and is thinking about me on that day. I was so happy and sad at the same time.

Sad - because I miss my dad.
Happy - because I have such a sweet man, who thinks of me and supports me.

It is so refreshing to have someone who thinks about you and cares about you. I did not have that much in my first marriage, but I can already tell this relationship will be different and better.

On a sadder note; poor Frank, my mom's pug, died last night. He was a good dog and he will be missed. I really feel upset for my mom because I know she liked coming home to him and his happiness. I always felt a little bit better knowing that my mom had someone to come home to. I hope she will be okay and I hope her sadness goes away with time. I still have not told my girls yet, I am not looking forward to that. I know they will both be heartbroken. So, Mom I am thinking of you and hoping your week goes better.
Frank, you were a good, lighthearted, poop eating, snorting, smelly pug. :-)

1 comment:

  1. first of all

    LOL i miss poop eating frank as well.

    second, i am sorry you were so sad for dad on friday, but glad that JR was there for you.

    however maybe this will help,

    "Knock Knock"

    "Who's there?"

    "Papa Jack. . ."

    "Papa Jack who?"

    "PAPA JACK WHO'S DEAD THAT'S WHO!" *mom roaring with laughter...kelsey with mortified expression on face.*

    Third, jere and i spent friday night with mom and dan at Hatahoe's in Anson which is kind of like Ken's fish and chick in breckenridge. I had many puffs and a gallon of sweet tea to drown my sorrows in :)

    dad would be so pleased :)

    i love you and miss you and wish i could have seen you this weekend, but elle and i needed the rest, hopefully i will see you soon.

    love,

    cole

    ReplyDelete