Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The glass is not half empty.

So yesterday JR got the scores for his TEXES Math 8-12 grade. Needless to say, he did not pass and to make matters worse, he only failed by one point. I know, that stinks. But on the good side, you only failed by one point. That means the next time you take this bad boy you will pass it with flying colors. But my husband doesn't look at things that way.

He was not raised in a traditional family and he doesn't know how to act in a family way. He called me and told me first, he is sorry for wasting my money (not my money, our money) and he was sorry for wasting my time (again anything you do to better our family is not a waste of time). I told that everything was going to be okay and I was proud of him. He asked, how can you be proud of a failure? And I said you are not failure, you haven't been is a Math class in years and you were so close to passing. I guess I always look at things differently.

I did not pass my PPR 8-12 test the first two times I took it, and I was fresh out of school. When I failed, I studied hard and took it again. I told JR this, but it did not matter. He failed.

Well, here is the news. I told my husband you have a day to feel sorry for yourself and then that is it. You will sign up for the next test date. But, you have a choice this time. You can either take the same test again or take the Math 4-8 TEXES. He doesn't know yet, but he is going to take one of the test.

So, keep your fingers crossed and hope for good things for my husband. Things will be okay, and he will pass. I am big on positive confessions, if you can't tell.

Well, I love you all and I hope to see you guys at Thanksgiving. Only six more work days until a five day break. Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of both of you! So here's my message for my little bro-in-law,

    sounds like a whole lot of life is happening to you right now and that's ok . . . but you still need too

    "PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND SUCK IT UP!"

    so you failed once, you'll do better the next time, end of story.

    if you need some big girl panties borrow some from sarah :) and if you need bigger girl panties i've got a few pairs lying around.

    love you guys,

    cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all fail sometimes.

    Our president says:

    "Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere." --Barack Obama

    wishing you both peace and perseverance.

    see you soon.

    ReplyDelete